GARMIN Olathe Soccer Complex Facility Technician
GARMIN Olathe Soccer Complex(GOSC) hosts thousands of people throughout the week and weekends during youth soccer seasons. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday youth teams from around the Midwest descend on GOSC for games bringing with them parents and friends. The facilities department is responsible for providing a safe, fun and professional atmosphere for teams and spectators as they enjoy GARMIN Olathe Soccer Complex.
We are looking for assistance in providing this environment to our clients. The facilities department is tasked with:
- Maintaining a clean OSC by picking up trash and emptying trash and recycling receptacles
- Grounds keeping (leaf clean up, weeding, storm damage, watering, painting of fields, monitoring goal equipment)
- Maintaining clean and functional restrooms, maintenance and office building throughout shift
- Soccer field conversions: practices and games
- Security: Building, Facility, and Parking
- Providing customer service to clients which could include but is not limited to players, coaches, fans, league personnel, concessionaires and guests
- Providing customer service to outside properties including but not limited Kansas State Youth Soccer Assoc.
- Monitoring field usage
- Open and close facility and assist renters with their events
- Enforce the rules of Olathe Soccer Complex and able to offer alternatives to guests
- Monitor tenants of Olathe Soccer Complex and enforce provisions within agreed contracts
- Housekeeping of synthetic soccer fields, restrooms, parking lots, access roads, offices ensuring that it is to professional standards and free of contagious diseases and infections including but not limited to fieldhouse, equipment room, referee’s office, shared foyer, office area, conference room and maintenance building
- Any other duties not contained here which may arise due to emergency, damage or necessity
For consideration, individuals must meet these minimum requirements:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently
- Reliable and Punctual
- Detail oriented
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Able to lift 35#
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- 18 or older
- Ability to bring homework to the office for down/slow times
Shifts will predominantly be nights and weekends(all day: split into an AM and PM shift); however, the timings could change based on availability and need. This is a seasonal/temporary position with the possibility of 40+ hours or transitioning into a Part/Full time position.
Starting Compensation: $10/hour or more based on experience
If interested, please contact Scott Frankum at scott.frankum@
heartlandsoccer.net with your resume.