KC Champions Cup 2020
The KC Champions Cup tournament is in its 13th year and is established as a top spring event and attracts teams from throughout the Midwest. This tournament will be open to teams of all levels of play within the following age divisions – Boys U8-U19 and Girls U8-U15. Seeding of teams ensures that everyone can compete against opponents of their own ability level.
U-8 to U-10 (7 v 7)
U-11 to U-12 (9 v 9)
U-13 to U-19 (11 v 11)
$550 for 7 v 7 teams
$625 for 9 v 9 teams
$795 for 11 v 11 teams
The KC Champions Cup tournament will be hosted at the SCHEELS Overland Park Soccer Complex and GARMIN Olathe Soccer Complex.
- Play at the ‘State of the art’ $36 million soccer complex in Overland Park, Kansas and the New Olathe Soccer Complex.
- Great central location in Overland Park and Olathe, Kansas.
- Great hotel options to suit every team budget and taste
- 21 tournament-quality synthetic turf fields
- Lighted fields for night use
- Great competition from all over the Midwest
- Play on a non-holiday weekend (spend those special times with family whilst saving more $)
- Excellent referees
- The complex includes a multi-purpose building with concession areas
- Scoreboards, signage and other exciting amenities on location
- Local attractions including Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead and St Andrew’s Golf course adjacent to complex
Team Check in information
Team Check in will be held from 3:30 PM until 9:00 PM on Friday April 17th and from 6:00 AM onwards on Saturday April 18th at the SCHEELS Overland Park field house which is located in the center of the SCHEELS Overland Park Soccer Complex. The complex is on the Southwest side of 135th & Switzer. To enter the complex, turn south from 135th street onto Switzer and turn right at the first traffic light into the park.
The soccer complex address is:
Overland Park, KS 66221
Please note, a player may only play on one team in the tournament
Teams will be required to provide the following:
- A copy of your state certified roster
- Player passes for all players participating
- Medical releases for all players participating (these forms do not need to be notarized)
- Guest player permits (if relevant)
- Travel permit for all non-Kansas registered teams.
**Please be aware that US Club Soccer and USSSA do not issue travel permits, these are only required for US Youth Soccer affiliated teams.
Please take the time to make sure that you have all of the above documentation available when checking in. If any paperwork is missing, then it must be provided by one hour prior to the first game. No player may be added to a team once that team’s first game has started. No player may play on more than one team in the tournament.
Arranging player cards and medical release forms in alphabetical order will really help to expedite the check in process.
Any out of town teams that are unable to check in on Friday evening may check their teams in up to one hour before their first game on Saturday. Staff will be available to check teams in at the SCHEELS Overland Park Soccer Complex from 6:00 AM onwards on Saturday morning.
This is a Stay and Play Tournament
The Stay and Play policy applies to all tournaments held at SCHEELS Overland Park Soccer Complex and GARMIN Olathe Soccer Complex. The policy states that in order to participate in a tournament event all out of town teams are required to book hotel rooms in one of several tournament-approved hotels located in Overland Park or Olathe.
All out of town teams must book hotel rooms through GCI Travel or they will not be allowed to participate in the tournament.
WHY DO YOU HAVE A STAY AND PLAY POLICY?
We are fortunate to have multi-million-dollar world class soccer facilities that were built and funded with hotel, entertainment and tax incentives. As the soccer users, for the cities and developers to invest in and build these world class complexes, we (the soccer users) agreed to contracts with the complexes and/or cities require Stay and Play for all out of town teams. One of the main reasons’ cities build world class soccer complexes like ours is because of the positive economic impact they have on their area. A big driver of economic impact is hotel nights.